Monday, February 6, 2012

The one about the weather

First, let me start of by apologizing for the lack of posts. We have been struggling with internet here! As a result I have a few for this week so keep checking in. I decided I would start out with the most "boring" one, and I apologize for any complaining!

So for those of you who don’t know, it’s been snowing here in Perugia. Apparently that is a rare thing, and I have gotten the “privilege” to see snow in Perugia. Now I won’t lie it is kind of cool that I am getting to experience snow here because supposedly it’s been years since the last snow that actually stuck to the ground.  However, the snow also kind of sucks here. We got 3 inches give or take but Italians have yet to figure out how to clear roads and make them less slippery, and the snow gets uber dirty. So it has been very bittersweet. The snow has also resulted in extremely cold weather. Again, apparently this is one of the worst winters Italy has seen in years. I’m not very happy about this! It has been brutally cold and walking around is miserable. I bundle up everywhere I go with a scarf, hat, gloves, jacket and lots of layers. Our apartment is also extremely cold, but enough complaining, because I am in Italy which is awesome within itself and I should just be grateful!

The sad thing is the snow has caused some devastating things here in Italy. In our newspaper the front page described some of the issues due to the snow. Now, let’s be real here, I clearly wasn’t reading the ITALIAN newspaper, but my friend who can read Italian was telling us how there have been problems all across the country due to the snow. Blackouts are occurring, transportation delays are everywhere and worst of all there have even been a few deaths. It is really sad. Most of this is happening in Rome but obviously it has hit other places as well.

I just hope for some sun, and warmer weather to start coming our way! And hopefully all the people affected by the snow stay safe and warm until things are fixed and back to normal!


The snow is falling. Outside of the kitchen window!

Snow covered fountain!

playing in the snow :)

Preparing for battle!


Marissa, me and Brit all bundled up (In Florence)

*special thanks to Brit for all the pics!*

Grazie, Arielle

p.s. more posts to come this week! I promise

1 comment:

  1. Precious :) Be thankful for the snow in Italy! It just makes it even more beautiful while it's falling! What is the weather like usually right now? Sunny with a high of 75? :) Looking forward to pictures of the beautiful spring you will have! Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete