Friday, January 13, 2012

The one about the view

This past week I have had the privilege to live in Italy and not have to take many classes. Instead of my classes we had a week of “intensive Italian.” Essentially we were broken into our different levels of Italian class (101 represent!) and we learned ways to get around the city. Clearly my class focused on the basics, but it has proven to be helpful. Hopefully with five hours of Italian a day you learn something. In the morning session we usually did grammatical stuff, and other language vocabulary and such. In the afternoon session it was more of a practical experience. One day we went to a bar which is a coffee shop. In Italy bars are coffee shops and pubs are bars. We also got to go on the mini metro to a grocery store and we worked on how to book reservations. But more on that later.

The point of this post is not what I learned this last week but what I saw! Due to the lack of classes we were able to wonder around the city and get lost. We explored local shops, the scenery and of course local eateries! So far my bella roommates and I have wondered every day for at least an hour or two, sometimes longer. The result: I have had the opportunity to see some of the most beautiful and wonderful landscapes and architecture. Here are some pictures that do not do Italy justice...you need to come see it in person!


The "Fontana Maggiore" located in Piazza Novembre IV by my apartment. It is about a 2 minute walk!







The piazza at night.
bello














and some of my neighbor amici made an appearance in one of the shots
Left to Right: Marissa, Sarah and Brit








We have a carousel in our city!








This is multiple different views from around the city
(taken just as the sun was setting)




Walking around Perugia.
Brit (the neighbor) and Bethany (a roommate) up ahead!



Houses with the mountains in the background
The Sky


The city
The Mountians

No comments:

Post a Comment